Balsamic and Basil Marinated Steak with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
1 lb skirt steak (any steak)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
1 tbsp fresh minced garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
1/2 cup fresh basil, packed
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Marinate steak in gallon sized plastic bag or Tupperware overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
2. Pan sear steak in ghee or grill until cooked to your preference.
3. While steak is cooking, prepare pesto.
4. Add all pesto ingredients to food processor and pulse until combined into a pesto texture.
5. Serve pesto on top of cooked steak.